Angelique is a native of Southern California and a graduate of UC Irvine with a B.A. in English. She began taking dance lessons at 6 years old and by the age of 16, started to teach. After incurring a hip injury while still in her late teens, she was introduced to Pilates and became fascinated with the intricacies and complexities of the body. She continued to pursue her passion for movement and danced and taught professionally for more than 20 years.
Years later while living in New York, she earned her first Pilates certification through The PhysicalMind Institute in 2003 after an 11 month intensive apprenticeship program under the direction of Master Teacher Elizabeth Gillies. Angelique was then invited to teach at Elizabeth’s studio for the next 4 years where she was profoundly influenced by Ms. Gillies’ dedication to rehabilitation and innovation. Angelique pursued her second Pilates certification by completing the BASI Comprehensive Teacher Training Program in 2008.
In 2012 Angelique became a certified Level 1 GYROKINESIS® and GYROTONIC® instructor. In 2016, she completed a RYS 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training and is a certified Yoga Instructor.
She is also an advanced MELT Method Instructor. MELT is a Hands-off Bodywork™ approach that simulates the techniques and the results of manual therapy. MELT rehydrates connective tissue and conditions the nervous system to enhance its ability to support, protect and stabilize the body and eliminate the aches and pains we suffer from day to day activities. She was trained by MELT Method creator, Sue Hitzmann in 2009. Angelique is a Hand and Foot, MELT Length, MELT for Pilates Level 1 & 2 and MELT Strength Level 1 and 2 instructor.
Utilizing intuitive cueing and a meticulous eye for form and proper body mechanics, Angelique provides a unique experience for each of her clients and their personal needs and goals. She strives to instill a clarity and deep understanding of the work to her diverse clientele such as those with shoulder pain, fibromyalgia, hip replacement, plantar fasciitis, ACL repair and sacroiliac dysfunction. She has logged over 20,000 hours of teaching and has trained extensively in movement protocols for specific populations. Angelique’s focus and specialization is working with individuals with low back pain, clients with scoliosis and those suffering from chronic pain.
Her certifications and trainings include:
- 2010 BalleCore BARRE Mat Instructor
- 2010 Pilates Method Alliance PMA
- 2010 Pilates for Buff Bones®
- 2010 Fusion Pilates, Pre/Post Natal Instructor
- 2010 Pink Ribbon Program, Post-rehabilitative breast cancer exercise specialist
- 2011 Long Beach Dance Conditioning, Core Intelligence with Marie José Blom
- 2011 Long Beach Dance Conditioning, Master Mentor Program, Master Evolution 1,2,3
- 2011 Long Beach Dance Conditioning, Smart Spine System
- 2012 Balanced Body University, Passing the Torch with Karen Clippinger
- 2013 Long Beach Dance Conditioning, Embracing the Curves-Understanding Scoliosis and Fascia Works
- 2014 RockTape Functional Movement Taping Certification Level 1 &2
- 2014 GYROKINESIS® Breathing Intensive Course
- 2014 BASI Pilates Kathy Grant Scholarship Finalist
- 2015 Prague School of Rehabilitation, DNS (Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization) Exercise Course 1
- 2015 Pilates for MS with Mariska Breland
- 2015 Stop Chasing Pain, Primal Movement, Dr. Perry Nickelston
- 2015 BASI Mentor Program
- 2015 Arcus Level 1 & 2, McEntire Pilates
- 2015 Dance Medicine Modules 1-4, Westside Dance Physical Therapy, Marika Molnar. Certificate in Dance Rehabilitation Training.
- 2015 GYROTONIC® Applications for Scoliosis with Uwe Herbstreit
- 2016 Z Health: Essentials, R Phase, I Phase
- 2017 Reiki Level 1 & 2
- GYROKINESIS® Lotus Blossom 1
- 2017 Arcus Level 3 Hip and Knee Replacement Protocols
- 2018 Z Health: Strength and Suppleness, Spirit and Sustenance
- 2018 Yoga Tune Up® Level 1
- 2019 BASI Pilates Master 1 Program
- 2019 Pilates for Neurological Conditions, Advanced Course
She has completed trainings with Master Instructors Marie José Blom, Jennifer Gianni, Rebekah Rotstein, Trent McEntire, Rael Isacowitz, Kathy Corey, Liz Koch, Kathy Van Patton, Lisa-Marie Goodwin Rice, Alicia Head, Dr. Robert Schleip, Phillip Beach and Meghann Keppele Duffy.
She was also invited as a specialty week instructor at the world famous Rancho LA Puerta Spa and Resort, in Tecate Mexico.
“Nothing is quite as rewarding for me as to see my clients achieve their goals. My belief is that Pilates, Yoga, the GYROTONIC® Method and The MELT Method can change your life. It is my job to act as a conduit for this change. I am committed to providing clients with the knowledge and tools to improve their health and well being for a lifetime.”—Angelique